Regional and Rural Realty understands and respects that privacy of your personal information is extremely important. We are bound by and adhere to our obligations as set out under the Privacy Act 1988.
The principles of the Privacy Act 1988 effectively regulate the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal and private information.
Why are we required to collect private information?
In the normal course of us providing property related services to you, we carry out activities including;-
- Property appraisals & listing of property for sale or rent
- Advertising properties for sale or rent
- Liaising with vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants, pest and building inspectors, property valuers and other related services
- Dealing with matters pertaining to Government Authorities, Statutory and Local Council Compliance
- Assisting in the process of legal transaction of property by liaising with solicitors and conveyancers
During this process, it is necessary for us to collect personal information from those parties involved to facilitate the service provided, and also comply with our legal obligations. That information may be collected directly, by email or other electronic means such as internet, social or other electronic media provided by you to us or supplied by third parties such as Strata Managers or Bodies Corporate.
If we receive information from you about any another person, you represent and we accept that you are authorised to do so and that the subject person has consented to the information being supplied to us.
How do we store your private information?
We ensure that all reasonable action is taken to securely collect and store personal information including;-
- Physical and electronic security measures and processes
- Staff training and information security reviews
- Removal, de-identification and or deletion of information as soon as legally and practicably possible
- We may however be required under applicable law, to retain information as long as necessary for matters relating to fraud prevention, insurance, governance and dispute resolution
When do we disclose private information?
We only disclose personal information to third parties as detailed above, as and when it is necessary to do so in the following circumstances;-
- To carry out our contracted services and meet our statutory obligations
- The information is used for the purposes for which it was collected
- Where disclosure of that information is permitted or required by law
- As otherwise allowed under privacy Act 1988
If you would like to correct, amend, update or delete any of your personal information that we may store please contact us at;-
Regional and Rural Realty
+61 2 6516 1960
5/157 Gordon Street,Port Macquarie NSW 2444